Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you don't like what you see click the Report button!
Read More...
BARGES: All about barges and barging - building, buying, maintaining, equipment, handling on the water, etc.
  • Page:

TOPIC: water tanks

water tanks 21 Aug 2019 17:35 #108903

• Chris Grant
  • Away
Jan, I'm not sure if I understand you completely but if you want to fix a pipe anywhere in a tank from the outside only, these rubber connectors are excellent. They are very reliable as the pipe squeezes the rubber as it passes through and they are then impossible to come out.

www.ecosure.co.uk/acatalog/___Rubber_Tank_Connector.html

I used one for the black tank level gauge in the top of the polypropylene tank

mcsboatproducts.co.uk/portfolio/waste-water-gauge/

Jan Pieterse wrote: ok I just got two new water tanks, BUT instead of putting a throughput on the bottom I want to make one on the top...BUT I can find any who will let me glue pic pipe to the bottom...anybody know where I could get one ?

So water 'outlet' on top, and the pump pumps the water though. pipe up.....whater can I get such a throughput

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Chris Grant, barge Esme www.mvesme.co.uk or see Esme in the DBA barge register

water tanks 21 Aug 2019 12:20 #108902

What are the tanks made of? Black PE is difficult to glue. Fittings can be welded on or use a marine skin fitting for a mechanical joint.

water tanks 21 Aug 2019 11:23 #108901

• Jan Pieterse
  • Jan Pieterse's Avatar Topic Author
ok I just got two new water tanks, BUT instead of putting a throughput on the bottom I want to make one on the top...BUT I can find any who will let me glue pic pipe to the bottom...anybody know where I could get one ?

So water 'outlet' on top, and the pump pumps the water though. pipe up.....whater can I get such a throughput

www.jan-kees.us
jan-kees.blog
  • Page:
Moderators: Pete_Milne
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds