Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you don't like what you see click the Report button!
Read More...
Navigating and living on the waterways of Continental Europe and news of canal developments.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winter moorings

Winter moorings 19 Aug 2019 11:19 #108838

Hi, we have booked in to Lindenlei in Ghent but I don't know if there are still places.
If Northern France would be acceptable then Hautmont had places a few weeks ago.
Port de plaisance de Hautmont contact Pierre James <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Good luck,

Brendan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Cooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Winter moorings 19 Aug 2019 11:06 #108836

Balliol Fowden wrote:

Shaun Cullen wrote: Kortrijk is great and you have lift-out facilities at Buitenbeentjie, just upstream.

Unless there is another yard of the same name Buitenbeentje is at Diksmuide on the Ijzer. They are principally a winter storage facility, mostly under cover. Diksmuide would be another possibility for a winter mooring however.

Nieuwpoort Marina has a 50 tonne travel hoist.

Personally I would highly recommend Veurne as a perfect little town with all facilities and close to Calais.

Balliol.

Oops! Ballot, you're quite correct - I was thinking of Diksmuide. Grovelling apologies although there is limited winter mooring in Kortrijk.

Winter moorings 19 Aug 2019 07:53 #108819

Richard

Have you tried Portus Ganda, Ghent? We were there last winter (loved it), and there were plenty of "boxes" unoccupied , so might be worth a try. Contact details for Els, Carlos are in the Waterways Guide.

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 11:09 #108773

• Balliol Fowden
  • Away

Shaun Cullen wrote: Kortrijk is great and you have lift-out facilities at Buitenbeentjie, just upstream.

Unless there is another yard of the same name Buitenbeentje is at Diksmuide on the Ijzer. They are principally a winter storage facility, mostly under cover. Diksmuide would be another possibility for a winter mooring however.

Nieuwpoort Marina has a 50 tonne travel hoist.

Personally I would highly recommend Veurne as a perfect little town with all facilities and close to Calais.

Balliol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Cooper, Johann Schepers

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 10:54 #108770

You could try the VPF moorings in Ghent on the Lindenlei. I stayed there last year and would recommend it.
www.vpf.be/VPFMeerboeien/PHGentLindenlei

Terry

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 08:48 #108764

I also meant to add: I think Nieuwpoort has a big travel lift.

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 08:46 #108763

They didn't use to have a travel lift but I have heard recently that they are considering installing one. Up to the end of last year, they were using a crane with +-17 tons (?) capacity.

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 08:21 #108761

Shaun,
Would Buitenbeentjie be able to lift MERLOT for a pre-purchase survey in due course? 29 tons. 18.3metres.
That would be very useful as Kortrijk is a nice run from Valenciennes.
Do they have a travel lift?
Thanks and regards,
Paul.

Winter moorings 18 Aug 2019 08:00 #108760

Kortrijk is great and you have lift-out facilities at Buitenbeentjie, just upstream.

Winter moorings 17 Aug 2019 16:46 #108753

Richard,
Unless you are fixed on Belgium, you could think of next door at Valescaut Port de Plaisance, Valenciennes 59300 in north eastern France. See their website or phone Philippe.
In October I'll have had MERLOT here for three years. Belgian border is a few miles away. Lille is the nearest large French city.

Best of luck,
Paul.

Winter moorings 17 Aug 2019 12:21 #108745

• Richard Cooper
  • Richard Cooper's Avatar Topic Author
Its getting to that time of the year. Have e mailed Westhoek and Niewport (and mentioned the ads in Blue Flag) also couple of others, waiting for replies. Flandria cannot take us (we are just 10m), Have not tried Coupare but I'm guessing that they will probably be booked as well. Anybody any comments about Kortrijk? No great rush, just starting the process. Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: Bob MarslandPete_Milne
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds