Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you don't like what you see click the Report button!
Read More...
Navigating and living on the waterways of Continental Europe and news of canal developments.
  • Page:

TOPIC: House-Barge vacation exchange

House-Barge vacation exchange 20 Aug 2019 19:54 #108889

I'd second that as a good alternative - Nigel Orr's Waterman is already set up with all the special licences, safety gear and insurance etc in place for it to be used in this way.

Tam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

House-Barge vacation exchange 20 Aug 2019 19:30 #108888

The can also rent waterman at a reasonable price...we did so and it was the final straw that led us to buy a boat and then a barge

www.jan-kees.us
jan-kees.blog

House-Barge vacation exchange 20 Aug 2019 18:28 #108886

It would help if your friends say what experience of French canals they have and if they have the necessary ICC etc.

I'm sure they are very conscientious people, but it is an enormous risk to let a boat out like that, and there are several examples from UK canals where rhings have gone terribly wrong for the boat owner.

Tam

House-Barge vacation exchange 20 Aug 2019 18:21 #108885

• Pat Blanchard
  • Pat Blanchard's Avatar Topic Author
Received this message yesterday . . .
Hello, We have a lovely home in a most desirable location in the Columbia Gorge of Washington State, USA. We're wondering if anyone in your organization, or someone you know would like to trade a vacation. We'd like to tour the French waterways on a barge and they could stay in our home. The Columbia Gorge is a very popular tourist destination in America. Some pictures of our place can be seen at wwfnew.weebly.com . This website offers information about the gorge. www.columbiarivergorge.info
We would like to trade for perhaps two months and we're open to any region of France. Hope to hear back from you if there's any interest for season of 2020.
Scot Bergeron
PM me if interested

• Page:
Moderators: Bob MarslandPete_Milne
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds