DBA is committed to protecting the privacy of members and visitors to the site
Some of the DBA site can be viewed by guests without DBA receiving any information about you. However, for members to access the site DBA needs to receive certain information before that access can be provided. The following policy explains how and why we collect information, and how that information will be used. This policy covers the treatment of both anonymous and personally identifiable information that may be collected when you visit and request services from the DBA website.
Information Collection and Use
Anonymous information is collected on visitors to the website by the log files. This information is for statistical purposes only and includes information such as IP addresses, types of browsers used, referring/exit pages, platform type, tracking of movements to analyze trends, and provides broad geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
When you use Enquiries and Feedback, we ask for your name, address and contact details so that you can be sent a response to your query or feedback. By using the DBA website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by DBA. DBA will not share any personally identifiable information with third parties.
Access to View, Edit & Delete Personally Identifiable Information
You may request to view, edit or delete any personally identifiable information that DBA holds about you. This information will be held on our membership database for up to three months after your subscription is not received. Then it will be archived. If you wish to have your information deleted DBA will remove any personally identifiable tags, but it may be archived for statistical use. Credit card information is never stored.
The data we hold about DBA members and the uses to which it is put are explained at the foot of this article
The website currently uses browser cookies to enhance use of the site. This may be subject to change in the future. Notification of such a change will be dealt with in accordance to the practice set out in the Changes to Policy section below.
Email from DBA
Email will occasionally be sent to members, manually or automatically.
- Our website sends automatic emails only to remind you that your subscription needs renewing and these cannot be stopped while you are a member but you should only get one each year.
- DBA membership administrators will occasionally send out emails to all or groups of members relating to information that is essential to the running of the association, e,g. your opportunity to vote online for AGM matters.
You can choose to receive or stop other emails from us, :
- Blue Flag: A link will be emailed to you only if you have chosen eBF in Members/My Details, on the website menu.
- The eNewsletter: will be emailed to you on alternate months if you have chosen it.
- Other emails may occasionally be sent to you only if you have ticked the appropriate box in Members/My Details
- Forum postings: Use the Subscribe and Unsubscribe buttons on the Forum topics. Read the Forum Help page for more information
- Classified adverts, change the tick boxes in your profile at Members/My Details on the website menu, to request or stop alerts. If you have placed an advert you will be sent any enquiries until the advert expires or you delete it.
- Barge Register: If you have chosen to allow other members to contact you in a Barge Register entry, you may recieve emails rom other members and can switch it off by updating your entry.
Email from Other DBA Members
- A Private Messaging (PM) facility in the website allows members to contact each other, without revealing email addresses. You will me notified of the PM by email but need to log on to the Forum to reply. It is useful as an introduction before choosing (or not) to start an email or phone conversation. Private messaging is available in:
- The Forum: If you post on the Forum, other members may contact you by PM
- The Barge Register: If you put your barge on the register, you can choose to allow other members to contact you by PM.
We will only contact you by post if we have no valid email address for you AND need to contact you about your membership.
Changes to This Policy
DBA may amend this policy from time to time. If there is any substantial change to the way that the personally identifiable information is handled, this will be announced on the website and in Blue Flag.
Questions or Comments
1) Data we hold about all members
- Postal Address
- eMail address
- Phone number(s)
- Your barge-ownership status
2) Data we only hold if you have volunteered it
- Details of your barge
- Your main cruising country
- The URL of your Blog or Website
- Items you have added to the Adverts section of the website
3) What we do with your data
- All data under (1) is used only for membership administration, posting Blue Flag and emailing items you have chosen above (see eMail).
- Details of your barge are available only to other members in the Barge register
- Your Blog or Website address is available to the public.
- Your Adverts are visible to the public. Your email address is not visible.