DBA is committed to protecting the privacy of members and visitors to the site
Some of the DBA site can be viewed by guests without DBA receiving any information about you. However, for members to access the site DBA needs to receive certain information before that access can be provided. The following policy explains how and why we collect information, and how that information will be used. This policy covers the treatment of both anonymous and personally identifiable information that may be collected when you visit and request services from the DBA website.
Information Collection and Use
Anonymous information is collected on visitors to the website by the log files. This information is for statistical purposes only and includes information such as IP addresses, types of browsers used, referring/exit pages, platform type, tracking of movements to analyze trends, and provides broad geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
When you use Enquiries and Feedback, we ask for your name, address and contact details so that you can be sent a response to your query or feedback. By using the DBA website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by DBA. DBA will not share any personally identifiable information with third parties.
Access to View, Edit & Delete Personally Identifiable Information
You may request to view, edit or delete any personally identifiable information that DBA holds about you. If you wish to have your information deleted then DBA will remove any personally identifiable tags, but it may be archived for statistical use. Credit card information is never stored.
The data we hold about DBA members and the uses to which it is put are explained at the foot of this article
The website currently uses browser cookies to enhance use of the site. This may be subject to change in the future. Notification of such a change will be dealt with in accordance to the practice set out in the Changes to Policy section below.
Email will occasionally be sent to members, manually or automatically. You can control receipt of some of this in the following ways:
- Blue Flag will be emailed yo uou only if you have chosen it in Members/My Details on the website menu
- The Newsletter will be emailed to you on alternate months if you have chosen it, as for Blue Flag.
- Forum postings: Use the Subscribe and Unsubscribe buttons on the Forum topics. Read the Forum Help page for more information
- Classified adverts, change the tick boxes in your profile at Members/My details on the website menu, to request or stop alerts.
- The website sends automatic emails only to remind you that your subscription needs renewing and these cannot be stopped while you are a member but you should only get one each year.
- DBA administrators may occasionally send out emails to all or groups of members relating to information that is felt important to the running of the association.
- Other emails may occasionally be sent to you only if you have ticked the 'Occasional news and information' box on My Details
Changes to This Policy
DBA may amend this policy from time to time. If there is any substantial changes to the way that the personally identifiable information is handled, this will be announced on the website.
Questions or Comments
1) Data we hold about all members
- Postal Address
- eMail address
- Phone number(s)
- Your barge-ownership status
2) Data we only hold if you have volunteered it
- Details of your barge
- Your main cruising country
- The URL of your Blog or Website
- Items you have added to the Adverts section of the website
3) What we do with your data
- All data under (1) is used only for membership administration, posting Blue Flag and emailing items you have chosen above (see eMail).
- Details of your barge are available only to other members in the Barge register
- Your Blog or Website address is available to the public.
- Your Adverts are visible to the public. Your email address is not visible.