By using the DBA Forum you agree to conform to the Forum Rules, below.
It is very easy to use a discussion Forum in ways that annoy other users. The following guidelines can help you avoid doing this:
- Only send messages likely to be of interest to a significant number of other people.
- Don't send messages aimed at only one or two people in the group - email or PM them directly instead.
- Make the subject line short but informative.
- Think about the Forum section you are posting to! Look at the All Sections page to see what they are for!
- Don't send the same message to many sections. Wanting to reach as many people as possible is not a good reason.
- If you are not certain of the accuracy of information you post, say so.
- Think about your wording - could it be misread and upset someone?
- Above all, be polite!
- Make sure a reply relates to the subject. If not, start a new subject (Topic).
- When posting a reply, only quote what relates to your reply, not entire posts
- When posting a reply, change the subject line if the topic has changed
- If you reply to an old post from the archive make it clear that's what you have done.
- Don't abuse or defame another member
- Don't send 'Thank-you's or Seasons Greetings to the lists - Use the 'Thankyou' button!
- Don't use 'bad language'
- Don't defame or impinge on the reputation of commercial suppliers on DBA's forum.
- Don't advertise things for sale - we have a very good Adverts facility.
- DON'T SHOUT. Capitals are the equivalent of shouting and ill-mannered.
- Never mark DBA email as spam with your ISP, it may cause other DBA emails to be discarded
In the event of a breach of the Rules or to prevent one, the Forum Administrators may Delete or Edit posts