Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you don't like what you see click the Report button or...
Read More...
Navigating and living on the waterways of Continental Europe and news of canal developments.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 01 May 2020 16:32 #115676

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
I ahve just received the following:

La CLU qui était prévue le 12 mai étant reportée au 9 juin, je vous fais parvenir ce message pour vous informer et vous consulter en ce qui concerne les nouvelles dates de chômage sur le haut Rhône.
En effet, en raison de la crise sanitaire, les chômages programmés du 16 au 22 mars à l'écluse de Belley aval et du 23 mars au 3 avril 2020 sur l'ensemble de l'itinéraire du haut Rhône ont dû être annulés et reportés à des dates ultérieures.
Les nouvelles dates proposées sont les suivantes :
Ecluse de BELLEY aval : 3 semaines, du lundi 12/10/2020 au vendredi 30/10/2020
Ecluses aval et amont de CHAUTAGNE et amont de BELLEY : 2 semaines, du lundi 19/10/2020 au vendredi 30/10/2020
Ecluse de SAVIERES : 1 semaine, du lundi 26/10/2020 au vendredi 30/10/2020
Par ailleurs, je vous informe que le chômage programmé à l'écluse de Port Saint Louis du Rhône, du 23 mars au 1er avril 2020 a également été annulé mais sera reporté en mars 2021, aux dates proposées lors de la CLU de novembre 2019, c'est-à-dire du 22 au 31 mars 2021 (10 jours).

Summary translation:
CLU scheduled for 12 May is put back to 9 June [will it really happen?]
Because of Covid-related delays to spring re-opening, autumn closures will be later:
-- downstream from Belley by 3 weeks
-- between Chataugne and Belley by 2 weeks
-- Savieres lock by 1 week
Planned closure of lock at Port Saint Louis du Rhône will be put back to 2021.
Comments invited
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 28 Apr 2020 13:51 #115595

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
Here are the additional presentations.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 28 Apr 2020 13:49 #115594

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
For complex reasons, we have only just received the Minutes of November's meeting. I attach these, and the majority of the accompanying presentations. I will posty the remainder separately.

Obviously much has now been overtaken by events, so it is probably unnecessary to amplify what I wrote at the time. If there are queries about any aspects we will try to respond.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 20 Nov 2019 16:12 #111578

Richard Hyman wrote: Thanks Andy, it seems they had changed the meeting room and did not have Skppe facilities in place.
Presumably the DBA has close relations with ANPEI? From the couple of occasions we have met her, we seem to have a good rapport with Anne Akkertmans.


Sorry the technicals let you down, Richard, but thank you and well done for trying.

For reasons I have never understood, DBA's relations with our host country's major Plaisance association, ANPEI, have been cordial but I cannot say close. You, and your predecessor in Sud Ouest, David Rothery, are helping to build ever closer relations and that is to be commended. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bob & Bobbie Marsland
MS La Chouette
In DBA Barge Register:
barges.org/members/bargeregister/bargeregister-search?assetaction=detail&vesselid=165

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 20 Nov 2019 15:59 #111577

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
Thanks Andy, it seems they had changed the meeting room and did not have Skppe facilities in place.
Presumably the DBA has close relations with ANPEI? From the couple of occasions we have met her, we seem to have a good rapport with Anne Akkertmans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 19 Nov 2019 17:52 #111558

Thank you for trying Richard!

As you say ANPEI do seem to have presented detailed proposals and implementation of any of them can only help barge transits of the Rhone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best Wishes
Andy Soper
DBA Director Representation and Treasurer
mv Neeltje
Coookham
0044 (0) 303 666 0636

You don't need a barge to join - a dream of boating in Europe will do'. See www.barges.org

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 19 Nov 2019 17:00 #111556

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


We tried to participate in today's meeting, but technology defeated us. However I attach the documents sent out in advance. The meeting was organised by the CNR (originally Compagnie nationale du Rhône), which as well as running hydroelectric generation is responsible for ports and moorings on the lower Rhône). The meeting was primarily to discuss with ANPEI the issue of moorings for larger private craft. From the documentation it is clear thsat ANPEI has already been pushing actively on this, submitting detailed proposals for improvements, so there would have been nothing which we could have added. We made clear that the DBA supports the ANPEI proposals, and we asked to be informed of developments.

As yet we have not received the minutes and documents from last week's meeting

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper, Ian McCauley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 12 Nov 2019 22:59 #111376

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
Rebecca and I attended the CLU today. I wrote in advance (drawing on a previous letter by Andy Soper) to express the concerns of DBA members about the lack of moorings for larger private boats on the Rhône and lower Saône. Many of the VNF staff present said they had seen our message. We emphasised these points in the meeting (at least Rebecca did, her spoken French is far superior to mine) and we were backed up by Anne Akkermans from the ANPEI. It sounded as though the VNF people were receptive. This is among the issues to be discussed at a sub-committee meeting a week today (19 November). We were invited, but cannot be there, but it may be possible to participate by Skype.

Since there were no urgent issues we will write a proper report once the official minutes have been issued.

One topic discussed at length, which may be worth an article in Blue Flag, is the planning for measures to reduce emissions from canal boats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper, Michael Hopson, Keith Goodman, Ian McCauley, Olivier Zolli

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 19 Oct 2019 17:39 #110626

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
The agenda is now available and attached -- not very detailed!
1] Functioning of the Commission
2] Conditions for navigation
3] Services to users
4 "Motorisations" -- meaningless to me, but Bob Marsland suggests this refers to energy-efficient (electric) engines and/or replacement of road by river transport
5] Development, freight and tourism
6] Recent, current and planned works
7] AOB

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Soper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 10 Oct 2019 18:39 #110280

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
Thanks Pete. We are logging the responses and once we have the agenda will make a synthesis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 10 Oct 2019 18:00 #110277

Hi Richard & Rebecca

Not sure whether/how you receive posts from other forum threads. Just in case you haven't seen it, here's one that might be of interest for upcoming CLUs:

barges.org/forum/waterways-continental-europe/25156-lock-keeper-s-phone-numbers/unread

Clearly practices differ from one waterway to another, depemding on gauge, commercial use etc, but it seems to me that a centrally available list of telephone numbers for all VNF locks, lift/swing bridges etc. by waterway rather than e.g. by region would be desirable, particlarly for those unfamiliar with VNF's regional breakdown.

Pete Clark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pete Clark
Nooit Gedacht

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 07 Oct 2019 18:47 #110109

Hello Richard

I would like to second Pete Clark's points, especially about "policing" water conservation, either with restricted days of use / hours, "Double boating" of smaller craft, almost never done, of the smaller canals,
I also support the issue of restricted mooring places from SJdL down the Saone and Rhone for craft above 15m long, it's almost a mooring desert. So many suitable places are "hotel boat only", many pontoons are 15m max. There are quays at most of the towns that just need tidying up, possibly dredging and a few rings. In the main larger craft do not require electricity and water points. I do not know of any that are "+ 15m only".
Good luck
Paul Hayes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 07 Oct 2019 18:32 #110108

Hi Richard and Rebecca
As your 'homologue' for DT NE (next meeting Nancy 25.11.2019) I'll be interested to see and also to follow up any suggestions you receive.

Just a couple of points come to mind immediately:
- water conservation (DT NE MoM 15 May 2019 and DBA Library, National Info, French Waterway Information
- WCE discussion thread "The French Freycinet Network in 5 Years Time" started by Peter Cawson (DBA position?)
- EU waterways transport funding as per Pete Milne's post today (DBA position?)
- how to encourage commercial usage (see MoM aboe): DBA position?

I'll try to come up with more points if my brain permits :whistle:

Pete Clark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pete Clark
Nooit Gedacht

VNF - CLU Rhône Saône 12/11/2019 06 Oct 2019 16:55 #110091

  • Richard Hyman
  • Richard Hyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Posts: 63
Rebecca Gumbrell and I will represent the DBA at the next meeting on 12 November in Lyon. We will try to raise any issues that members suggest. We know there is a problem with lack of moorings for larger craft, but it would be useful to have more details.
Agenda not yet available, we will post this when received

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: Bob MarslandPete Milne
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds