To Tuesday 24 November 2020
Call for papers:
2020 has begun and with that, the WCC family has tasked itself to deliver an enriching and fruitful conference. Your contribution is fundamental to succeed, that its why our
abstract submission is now open!
We kindly invite researchers, experts, practitioners, entrepreneurs and members of civil society with expertise and experience in inland waterways and their transformation process in all their facets and complexity to submit an abstract for a paper or a poster, which fits to the specific topics below. We are expecting about 90 contributions.
- Coal mining regions and landscapes
- Landscape transformation
- Management of cultural heritage
- Remediation as a result from transformation processes
- Industrial culture
- Climate resilience
- Flood protection, drought
- Alternative drive systems on water
- Water in the city
- Sustainability and riverside landscapes/ alluvial forest
- Ecology and water-based tourism
- Water-based environments and their impacts on health and wellbeing
- Water sports
- Public participation and NGO‘s involvement
- Networks to develop inland waterways in Germany, Europe and worldwide
Deadline for submission is March 31, 2020.
We are pleased about the cooperation with the journal "WasserWirtschaft Extra". All accepted abstracts will be published in an additional issue.
Click here for further information about application and revision procedure.
We look forward to your abstract and are excited about welcoming you in September 2020 in Leipzig!